The Kaduna State government has said the scene of the terrorist attack on Kaduna bound train from Abuja has been taken over by the military.
Bandit terrorists had earlier on Monday evening detonated bombs on the railtrack of Abuja-Kaduna train and successfully immobilised the speeding train at a point between Katari and Rijana.
- Bandits Killed, Abduct Passengers In Abuja-Kaduna Train Attack
- NCC to partner CBN against e-fraud as threat to digital finance
- AS Roma Academy Abuja appoint former Eaglets’ coach as Technical Director
A statement by the Kaduna State Commissioner for Internal Security and Home Affairs, Samuel Aruwan, said security agencies have reported the situation to the Kaduna State Government.
“The Kaduna State Government received multiple reports of an attack on the Abuja-Kaduna train service at around Kateri-Rijana general areas.
“Relevant action agencies were urgently contacted, and robust deployments of personnel were swiftly made to the area to secure the passengers on board.
“Efforts are ongoing to convey the passengers from the location and others that sustained injuries have been rushed to hospitals for urgent medical attention.
“The Government of Kaduna State will be liaising with the Nigerian Railway Corporation (NRC) to ascertain the list from the passengers’ manifest for efficient tracking.
“This is to acquire an accurate inventory of all passengers and their actual status,” Mr. Aruwan said.
Governor Nasir El-Rufa’i who has been in constant touch with the security forces, commended them for their prompt response, and thanked them for successfully securing the train and passengers on board.
“Security forces continue to comb the general area in additional rescue efforts.
“Emerging developments will be communicated to the public,” added.